Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Announcing: less frequent posts from now on

I think I'm going to stop blogging on a regular basis, instead blogging only if something different or extraordinary happens. There just isn't enough happening on a daily basis, and blogging meals is getting old. But let's look back on all the Googley experiences I've had in the last four weeks:
  • I went through new employee orientation
  • I pigged out at as many cafes as I could find (net: 2 pounds gained)
  • I stayed in the corporate apartments
  • I commuted to the 'plex by bike a few times
  • I attended talks by celebrities like Floyd Landis and Ron Paul
  • I tried out the fitness center
  • I tried out the lap pools
  • I tried out the laundry room :-(
  • I got a chair massage in Boulder
  • I got a free table massage in Mountain View :-D
  • I played pool, foosball, ping-pong, and free video games!
  • I discovered that one of my old bosses works here
  • I met some famous computer scientists who work here
  • I attended a TGIF
  • I changed projects in my first month!
  • I videoconferenced between Boulder and Mountain View
  • I got a bus pass and rode the HOP
  • I did some great bike rides in the Santa Cruz mountains
  • I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge
Some people have asked why I don't talk more about work. Well, the purpose of the blog is to convey the gestalt of working at Google, the stuff that isn't work. Besides, if I told you what I was working on, I'd have to kill you. (Attention: Homeland Security: this is a joke! Ha-ha!) Who am I kidding! I work for Google! They own Blogger! I'd probably just finish hitting the "publish" button on my post and they'd intercept it and cleanse it of all unapproved content.

But again, I jest. Okay, I'll let you in on a little secret: the purpose of my new project is to

No comments: