Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dash out of MV

Haven't update the blog in a few days, but you haven't missed much.

Last Friday, I had Indian food at Charlie's for lunch. (Lamb Sag, Lentils, Cucumber salad) Later that afternoon I went to my first real TGIF, where Larry and Sergei take on all comers in a live Q&A session. While I commend them for remaining so accessible, most of the questions are inane and aren't worthy of my, let alone their, attention. I was hoping to get my Noogler beanie but alas there were no extras. So I resorted to filing a trouble ticket and they are going to send me a beanie via interoffice mail!

On Friday the decision was made that I would change projects to something that is more aligned with my peculiar skill set. My ex-boss said no hard feelings, but get your bike out of our visitor seating area. I checked with the area where my new co-workers sit, but there was no spare space to stash it. I packed it back in its box, resigned to either (a) stashing it under a stairwell somewhere (where it probably would be mistaken for a bomb) or (b) taking it home with me on the plane. Then my new mentor & tech lead, Tushar, said I could keep it in his backyard shed! So we made a quick run to his place after work, on my way to the airport.

Luckily I had booked a late flight so I had no problem getting there on time. Unfortunately, the flight was even later, and as a result I didn't get home until 2am colorado time. It took me all weekend to catch up on my sleep -- I must be getting old!

No comments: