Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Back in Boulder

Well I'm back in Boulder this week, and the most exciting thing that's happened so far is that I got my RTD bus pass. This is a freebie that you get for being a downtown employee -- the city doesn't want you to drive to work and take up parking spaces that shoppers might need, so they buy you a bus pass. The day after I got the pass, I took the HOP shuttle from work to the Y at lunch. It worked out very smoothly. The HOP comes about every 5-7 minutes during peak hours, but you can cut your waiting time even more than that by using a very cool site called nextbus.com, which tracks the buses in real time using GPS technology! Okay, so that was pretty cool and a lot of people in the office didn't know about it so I got to be one of those people who spams everybody and says, "check this out"!

The food this week is not as good as it was the last time I was here. Kind of disappointing.

The other thing that's going on is that they are about to set up about 16 new desks. There really isn't enough room for them, and our facilities guy Dan can't wait until we get to the new building. Of course, the new building was originally planned to last for years but at the rate we're growing they will have to start looking for the next new building as soon as we move!

No comments: