Tuesday, July 10, 2007

7/10/07

Worked out at the google fitness center this morning. Pretty nice, has many cardio machines, good selection of core-strengthening accessories (i.e., fitballs, medicine balls, etc.), and an okay free weight area. The lock room is way too small. Fortunately there's another locker room in the building across the courtyard that the bikers use. Fitness center has trainers, I'm not sure if they cost employees anything to use. If not, I'm definitely signing up.

Contrary to my original belief, the campus does not have a pool. (I suppose nobody would do any work at all if it did.) What it does have are two lap "spa pools", that are about twice as long as a swimmer's body that have a current circulating through them that you swim against. Kind of the swimming equivalent of a cardio machine. They are outdoors, though, which is nice. I think you have to reserve them.

There are a smattering of ping pong tables, foosball tables, pool tables, and vibrating massage chairs scattered around campus. They are tucked away in unused corners of the buildings, so are always a surprise.

Today I rode a balloon-tired "Gbike" to the building that I had lunch in (at the suggestion of one of my co-workers). They are really hard for me to ride because the seat doesn't adjust high enough. Not to mention the fact that they must weigh about 50 lbs! Hopefully my bike will show up one of these days soon!

No comments: