Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back in Mtn View (Monday's post)

Took an early flight this morning so I wasted 1/2 the day that way, then was in a talk all afternoon where I could barely stay awake. As a result, this blog post is a day late.

Lunch @ Pacific:
  • Stir-Fried Ginger Chicken & Chestnuts
  • Sauted Bok Choy Leaves with Garlic Sauce
  • further details are hazy...
Kirk arrived today (the other Boulder new hire), so I took him out to dinner -- my treat! :-) We went to American Table, where the theme this week is food of the Northeast:
  • Beer Battered Deep Fried Cod ***1/2
  • Grilled Venison with Shallots and Cranberry Demi *****
  • Deep Fried Potato Wedges ***1/2
  • Broccoli Corn Zucchini Sauté
The venison was STUPENDOUS. It was obviously farm-raised, for it was very tender, but it was also very lean. It was really, really, really GOOD.

For dessert they had snickerdoodles, I contemplated having one but instead I went for a single-serving Cherry Garcia over at Charlie's.

Went to bed early so I could do an early morning ride on Tuesday ... details to come.

No comments: