Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lunch

Even though I think that Charlie's is not the best, I needed to conserve time because I had a meeting after lunch. I was pleasantly surprised, lunch was quite delicious and not too heavy.
  • Grilled Salmon Lemon and Thyme-Scented Salsa Veracruzana ****
  • some kind of yummy rice
  • Mango, Jicama and Cucumber Salad *****
  • Berries with Lavendar Syrup *****
  • Toffee Bars ****
All you lavender-philes, take note of dessert! I thought it would be weird but it was extremely yummy. Of course it didn't hurt that the berries were gigantic and sweet. The toffee bars were not actually toffee candy but more like brownies that had toffee baked in instead of chocoloate chips.

I comtemplated the Amartshari Goat Curry but I guess I wasn't ready to be that adventurous. Besides, how could I explain to my children that I ate a goat? (Maybe Zoe would see it as revenge for the goat that chewed on her on last weekend's hike.)

Lunch had a bit of added drama as I went to take back my plates and the plates were stacked up so high that the top few plates fell off and got my clothes dirty. I went and complained to restaurant management that the people who were supposed to be keeping up with the dirty dishes were not doing their job and they gave me a T-shirt to change into. However, I was really ticked off because the shirt that got dirty was my brand-spankin' new Google-Boulder shirt, which likely is the only one of its kind on the mountain view campus. Fortunately, I came up with the idea of doing my laundry immediately before any stains could set. So I put on this morning's bike shorts (ick!), and went downstairs to the laundromat. I scored an empty washer immediately and about 45 minutes later I had clean clothes again. Total cost to me: $0 and I got another shirt in the bargain! Where else but Google?

No comments: