Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday afternoon at Google is just a big party. Today they had a mariachi band out on the quad and all kinds of weird appetizers. The theme was "vampires" for some reason, so they had stuff like blood sausage, and some really undercooked meat on a stick, and some kind of garlic spread on bread. It was sort of revolting so I had to go scouting around for dinner, which is not obvious to find on a Friday. Officially, Google doesn't serve dinner on Friday, but if you are persistent you find that there is always something to nosh on for the people who want to work late. There was a sandwich bar at the No Name which I was about to settle for, until I discovered the chinese chicken salad. That, and a peach smoothie and some grapes from the Slice were my dinner. It wasn't bad, really, although not as lavish as I'm used to. :-)

This wasn't an "official" TGIF so there were no beanies to wear. Apparently the next official TGIF is next Friday, when I won't be here. I hope I get a beanie! They're really cool (if you're a nerd) :-(

Also, I spent the entire day planning ahead for tomorrow morning, when I want to avoid going out for breakfast (because I'm going on a bike ride). So I picked up some banana and zucchini bread, coconut granola (they're big on coconut here I've noticed), a few yogurts, hard-boiled eggs, Odwalla juice, some Odwalla bars, something called a Kind bar, a Clif bar, a Larabar, two bananas, etc. I don't think I'll starve!

No comments: