Friday, July 13, 2007

Question: What do bacon and Floyd Landis have in common?

Give up? I found both of them in Google cafes today!

This morning I went to a different cafe for breakfast where they have a make-to-order omelette station, and they do have bacon there, fresh but crumbled. Still no luck finding big, honking, full strips dripping with grease.

Breakfast @ Charlie's:
  • Bacon, cheese, and tomato omelette
  • Watermelon
  • Whole milk
Anyway, at 1pm Floyd Landis was scheduled to give a talk to plug his new book, Positively False: The Story of How I Won the Tour de France. I was running kind of late so I decided to go to the cafe that was closest to where his talk would be. I was telling the guy I went to lunch with about Floyd, and as we sat down at a long table I looked down at the other end of the table and said, "Oh, and there he is right now!" He was sitting on the other side of the table about 3 people down. But I didn't want to hassle him so I left him alone. If I had a cell phone that took pictures maybe I'd have asked for a picture (the people on the other side of the table were doing that).

I got a free copy of Floyd's book at the talk. I tried to get it autographed, but his handler shooed me away.

Lunch @ No Name:
  • Steak au Poivre
  • Jerk chicken w/grilled pineapple
  • Butternut squash
Oh yeah, and I rode in today, but's that's another post. I was just so excited about bacon and Floyd that I had to blog it right away.

1 comment:

allison said...

Maybe the bacon didn't pass the test as a work enhancing drug!