Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In contrast to yesterday, today's dining experience was my best yet! I tried two new cafes.

For lunch, I went to the Oasis, which Chris told me about at dinner last night. I had lasagna and a salad. Dessert was a chocolate eclair. Simple but tasty.

For dinner I tried out American Table, which I tried to go to yesterday for lunch but it was mobbed. It seems to the the "hot" cafe right now, as there was a line there even at dinner. Let me tell you, this is was the most flavorful meal I've had here, and one of the best meals I've had anywhere! Check out this menu:
  • Grilled Tequila Tri-Tip ****
  • Chili Crusted Pan-Seared Tuna *****
  • Truffle French Fries ****
  • Grilled Vegetables with Mustard Basting Sauce ****1/2
  • Texas Quinoa ****
The colors reflect the "healthy food" coding scheme around here: green means eat as often as you like, yellow means eat in moderation, red means eat sparingly. Hah! I guess we know what colors all the good stuff is! The *'s are my own ratings.

Anyway, I thought the tri-tip was yummy, but when I tasted the tuna my taste buds all lit up! Incredible! Eveything was quite spicy, which I like (the quinoa had jalapenos, for example). Although you have to like your food pretty undercooked to enjoy the tuna and, to a lesser extent, the meat.

Dessert was a very moist, delicious, and petite chocolate cupcake. Hey, I climbed 2000 feet this morning, I deserve it!

I'm working late tonight to make up for my late start this morning. This seems to be a pretty equitable trade-off, as there's not much else I can do at night. But now I'm burned out, so i'll probably head back to the apt.

No comments: