Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Yesterday I didn't blog because (a) I didn't have time and (b) there was nothing very exciting. I wasn't very excited about the food either.

I had lunch at Pintxo (pronounced pin-cho, I think), which is the fancy-dancy tapas restaurant. The problem with pintxo is that everything is tiny and it comes on these big plates, so it's impossible to fit enough plates on your tray to actually fill yourself up. I tried a piece of fish -- probably halibut -- and a tiny tiny game hen --possibly sparrow :-) -- as well as a few sundry other things. Nothing really stood out and I had to go back and get another bird to get enough to eat.

For dinner I ate at No Name, which I like because it serves simple food. However, when I got into line there were only three entrees: fish, chicken, and beef. Now this may not seem like a problem but my first thought when I spied the fish was, oh wait, I had fish for lunch. Then I looked at the chicken and thought, oh wait, I had bird for lunch too! And so on. So since nothing really stuck out at me I took a little of all 3, and again it was sort of just a meal without any real memorable qualities about it.

The high point of dinner was that I shared it with my old boss from US West / Qwest, Chris. I found out quite by accident that she works here (and vice-versa): she saw me at Floyd's talk. Although I didn't see her, when I went on that ride on Saturday one woman there works at Google, and is a friend of Chris', and recognized me because Chris commented "oh I know that guy!" at Floyd's talk. Although she still considers Boulder home, she's been here about 9 months, dividing her time between Mtn View (about 75%) and Boulder (about 25%).

We had a good time reminiscing about Tony, Ted, and "the Horse". (Private joke!) We talked about how living in MV is at once alluring from a fringe bennie standpoint and disastrous from an economics standpoint.

I went to bed early in anticipation of doing a ride the following morning. More to come...

No comments: