Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today was overcast and drizzly for the entire morning. 100% humidity. Ugh! I was indecisive about riding in until I woke up and saw the weather, which made it easy to decide (not to!).

Anyway, I had lunch with my recruiter, Kristin. She suggested Pacific Cafe, whcih does Asian food. This week's "focus" is Korean. The menu was:
  • Bean Sprout salad **
  • Spiced Cucumber salad ***
  • Sizzling Korean Beef in Onions ***
  • Stir-fried Glass Noodles w/Vegetables ***
  • Fresh mango ***
The also had sushi but I'm not big on raw fish.

I had dinner with Scott, who is the director of the Boulder office. We went to American Table (second night in a row for me) and it was fabulous as usual:
  • Texas Pork Ribs *****
  • Panko Crusted Swordfish ***1/2
  • Red Pepper and Candied Carrots Saute ***1/2
  • Lemon-Pistacchio Pilaf **
  • Enchiladas Montadas ****
  • Quinoa ***
  • Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake ***
Yeah, I know I shouldn't have eaten so much, but it's my last dinner at Google for awhile! *sigh* Tomorrow I am returning to Boulder and while I can't wait to get home, I will definitely miss the gourmet food. And there are still about 8 cafes I haven't even tried! I'll be sure to hit those and report on them when I come back in August.

Next week, I'll be reporting on the catered lunches at the Boulder office.

No comments: